Who is a Stephen Minister?
Everyone goes through difficult times. Having someone to care, to listen, to share God’s love with you can help you get through the confusion, stress, or loneliness you may be experiencing. For 21 years our Stephen Ministers have brought that kind of one to one care to our community, and been an important part of Trinity’s pastoral care team.
View the Stephen Ministry brochure
A Stephen Minister is:
- A person who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care
- A child of God who walks beside a hurting person.
- A caring Christian who really listens
A Stephen Minister is not:
- A counselor or therapist
- A problem solver
- A casual visitor
A Stephen Minister helps meet the needs of an individual who is:
- In job crisis
- Terminally ill
- New to our community and congregation
- In spiritual crisis
- In a difficult life transition
- In need of a caring Christian friend
Could you benefit from the confidential, one-to-one care and support of a Stephen Minister, or do you know someone – perhaps a friend, coworker, or relative – who would benefit from Stephen Minister? Are you interested in possibly becoming a Stephen Minister? Then talk with one of our pastors or a Stephen Minister. Call the church office 425-778-2159 for more information.
In this section:
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God."